Music Banter - View Single Post - The Smoking ban
Thread: The Smoking ban
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 07:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
littleknowitall
Pow!

Default The Smoking ban

I know it's a bit late, but sod it, it'll spark up some controversy
Needless to say as a smoker, and a heavy one at that, I'm entirely against this ban to some respect, pubs....it's cleaner to some extent and its nice but did it have to be an entire ban on every public building?
i can't smoke in the quadrant anymore, or in a bus station if it's raining. It's bloody ridiculous, i don't understand why everyone is so fixated on it's health values, it was hardly top on the list of priorities for things that needed to be cut to improve public health and greenhouse gas and what not, when did they start looking at cutting the amount of car emissions, converting our power stations to wind and hydro-electric, tackling obesity in Britain the fattest, least healthy, laziest country in Europe. All this ban seems to have done is prove that the government being of the upper class have this drilled in, snobbish outlook on smoking entirely and having no reason to smoke in their childhood or adulthood has given them leeway to launch a personal vendetta against the smokers of Britain, it's a complete load of bollocks if you ask me.

So who wants to discuss?
littleknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote