Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica VS. Iron Maiden (Preference)
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:16 AM   #294 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
The wya most people are answering this is "who hasn't sold out more in your opinion most recently."
Both Maiden and Metallica have had bad phases. I think most of the people who voted for Maiden did so because they actually prefer them. Regardless of whether Metallica 'sold out', it doesn't change the fact that their newer stuff is crap (IMO). My point is, even if someone who didn't vote for Metallica doesn't think they sold out, there's still a good chance that they hate their new stuff.

So I don't think 'selling out' is the deciding factor.

Quote:
First of all, their British. Any band that has tea time is not metal. Fact. Also, I tried listening to Maiden once and all the glass in my house shattered. So I hate maiden because I cut my foot sweeping it up. Secondly, Metallica electrocuted their bassist and had a bus crush another one, plus they had severe alcohol problems and play the tightest live show this side of a virgins genitalia. Thats ****ing metal.
I've never seen Metallica live so I can't vouch for the live show thing, but regardless, they're tight because they don't play the songs that they can't play (some AJFA). Whereas Maiden could play everything they've ever written flawlessly. Not to mention, they have a second lead guitarist to keep in check as well.

And England is a very metal country... especially for doom.

Quote:
Also might I add, the long, greasy-haired kid in the corner with the Lamb of God t-shirt who's too angry to socialize or speak to women or generally exhibit traits of higher brain functions. That kid ****ing hates Metallica. Now you can go hang out with latent, and sexually repressed Maiden fan over there, or you can stop pretending that someday your satanic master will bless you with Succubi to sleep with when he makes you a demon and join ****ing reality.
I hate the metal elitists who dislike all Metallica just because of their selling out, or their popularity. Disliking them for a different reason is probably fine.

I don't see where you're going with this. Most metalheads who like Maiden, like Metallica vice-versa. Despite the nature of this poll, metalheads aren't split into Maiden and Metallica camps. Those two bands are rarely compared because they're not very similar. A better comparison is Priest vs Maiden.

Quote:
Those are your options douche bag. Stay in little kid "im a viking" land or grow up and listen to real music whose goal is not "how can I make this more METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!\m/\m/
That is the glaring fault of many metalheads. They judge something by metal standards rather than musical standards. That is fine in most cases, but when it comes to metal bands which are greatly influenced by other music, they tend to cop more flak than they should.

Last edited by Seltzer; 11-28-2007 at 02:26 AM.