Music Banter - View Single Post - The Crowquill 100
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 10:10 PM   #114 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

24. Pixies "Doolittle"

I don't know what to say about this album since it's considered such a classic and all. For some reason i'd always associated it with the crappy music coming out of Seattle in the 90s I always avoided it but when I heard it on the advice I was blown away by the backing vocals, surfish guitar, bizarre lyrics and raw vocals. I fell in love and it was beautiful.
Favorite Song: Wave of Mutilation
MySpace.com - PIXIES - BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS - Alternative / Rock - www.myspace.com/pixies

23. The Flaming Lips "The Soft Bulletin"

The Flaming Lips were one of the oddest bands i'd ever fallen in love with when I heard them. They really stood out as a black sheep in my CD collection for awhile, you had a bunch of Nick Drakes and Elliott Smiths and then the Flaming Lips.

I hadn't checked out the Soft Bulletin until a month or two back, but i'd love Yoshimi to death and I decided sometimes you needed to stop raping one particular album. When I heard the Soft Bulletin I was shocked because it was much more, appealing to me storywise and mood wise and i'd found myself liking it alot more then Yoshimi. Now I think i'm going to end up raping this album to death so onto At War with the Mystics or Zaireeka I suppose. =x
Favorite Song: Waitin' For a Superman
MySpace.com - The Flaming Lips - Oklahoma City, OKLAHOMA - Experimental / Psychedelic / Rock - www.myspace.com/flaminglips
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote