Music Banter - View Single Post - The Smoking ban
Thread: The Smoking ban
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #45 (permalink)
ItsRed
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fool on the hill View Post
Personally, I'm happy with the ban. I don't give a damn about whether smoking is unhealthy or not, or how much second-hand smoke may or may not affect a non-smoker's health-- I know only one thing (being a non-smoker): Its VERY unpleasant, like needles going into my eyes.

Maybe because I don't smoke my olfactory glands work better, but I can smell the smoke on people's clothes and it doesn't just stink-- it has a physical effect on my eyes and nasal passages. When I visit my parents, who smoke, that smell is in my clothes & my eyes burn long after I have gone.

Stink I can deal with, but not the physical pain from being around people who could care less and light up anyway. For that reason alone, I welcome the ban. Smokers should keep that unpleasantness to themselves.

~ josh
Amen brother! And perfume wearers and pet owners and halitosis suffers and all of those raised as free farters and all those who annoyingly talk about celebrity gossip (they make me physically ill). Everybody should just stay in their hole.

I'm joking, I actually commend you for at least being honest about it, although I don't think you understand the full breadth, the full implications of you're position (it's honest, but myopic).