Music Banter - View Single Post - Ska Bands
Thread: Ska Bands
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 06:25 PM   #51 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Nite_Dinah
Acctualy almost no Suicide Machines songs have horns in them, honestly at the risk of sounding like a fool I cant think of one that does. maybe something off of Destruction by Deffinition.

But just because a band has horns or dosnt dosnt mean they play ska or not. Nothing more than a guitar is really needed to play ska as illustrated by Chris Murray who I cant get enough of. MOst bands are just rock or punk with horns, not ska at all. I saw this terrible band the other day called urizen. There lead singer was like 200 lbs over weight and all of there songs were about chicks. They baisically played metal with a 4 piece horn section. the whole thing was a terrible crappy gimic. Then when it was all done I got to listen to everyone talk about how "ska" they were. it depressed me. The when a good band played (Umbrella Bed from MN) they left. Whatever...

Hint to people all_nite_dinah is a ska god.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote