Music Banter - View Single Post - Good Times, Bad Times - 10 Years Of Godsmack
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
venitronics
Groupie

Default Good Times, Bad Times - 10 Years Of Godsmack

Has it really been ten years since Godsmack first started to get noticed in the hard rock scene? Wow, I feel old. Anyway, "Good Times, Bad Times: 10 Years of Godsmack" collects all of Godsmack's singles and hits; along with a newly recorded cover of Led Zeppelin's "Good Times, Bad Times". For those who have already picked up Godsmack's albums, there's not really any reason to pick up this compilation besides said cover (which is actually pretty good and surprisingly faithful to Led Zep's original classic) track and a bonus DVD of the band performing at the House of Blues, which is worth the price of admission alone. In that regard, "Good Times, Bad Times: 10 Years of Godsmack" is also well suited for casual fans of the band, as it features "Whatever", "Keep Away", "Voodoo", "Awake", "I Stand Alone", "Straight Out of Line", and the great acoustic tracks "Running Blind" and "Touche". While it would have been nice to see some other tracks on here (like the brilliant instrumental "Vampires"), "Good Times, Bad Times: 10 Years of Godsmack" is a more than solid compilation that fans of the band, new and old alike, won't find much disappointment in.
I'm I dreaming?
venitronics is offline   Reply With Quote