Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #1478 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucylamppost View Post
Don’t get me wrong the Beatles wrote some of the greatest songs ever, songs that will be good 50,100, 500 years from now. The Beatles changed the way music is recorded by being the first band to use the studio as an instrument. That all being said, I'm sick of the utter and total blind hype that critics, writers, musicians, and just about everyone else gives them. They were a horrible live band (when they actually did play, which was never or on top of roofs), I truly believe to be a great band you have to be good live or at the very least put on a good show.
That's fair enough, but at least they pulled out instead of plaguing the world with tons of terrible tours featuring old men well past their prime unlike some bands.

Quote:
But I see their first few albums were nothing but bubble gum pop songs, t hey didn't utilize George Harrison enough throughout their careers, they had a robotic drummer
George Harrison is my favorite Beatle so I can't argue that.

Quote:
And the stones are still together :P
Have they honestly put anything out worth hearing recently though?