Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Music "Range"
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #46 (permalink)
mjscarousal
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
So? People are still listening to one Motley Crue, a defining 80s hair metal band. Are you going to start calling them timeless? Timeless would be something like the Beatles, Tortoise or Primal Scream something you could listen to TODAY and despite the fact it was made decades ago it still sounds like it could've been made yesterday. Michael Jackson isn't timeless at all oh and the reason i'm not giving him credit is because he doesn't deserve any. Quincy Jones deserve it all. As I stated before I find it funny how the only three albums Michael Jackson made that people talk about were the ones that Quincy Jones produced and helped write and we don't even know just how much he helped write but i'm willing to bet he did more than Michael Jackson did on it. The only thing timeless about Michael Jackson is his police record and how many childrens minds hes scarred and ruined over there at Neverland Ranch.
No I'm not saything that. I'm not saying just because a record is made in the 80's its consider "good music" or timeless lol because not ALL of old skool stuff is good but MAJORITY is alot better than the crap out now, well at least mainstream. We can talk about this ALL day long man... MJ is TIMELESS whether you accept it or not. People are still listening to his records, just like the Beatles. His records don't have an era on it either, thats why its STILL playing and of course its good music. As far as the Quincy Jones ish you keep on bringing up, I dunno any other way to say it because I've said is so many times. This is what you need to do, go to your C.D collection because I know you have at least one MJ C.D or buy it, borrow whatever.... and look at the the C.D booklets to OTW, Thriller, BAD and look at the lyrics. Then look under the lyrics you'll see the songwriters, producers, arrangers and you'll see Michael Jackson then maybe you'll get off his nut with this "Q deserves all the credit" crap, better yet look it up on the internet. The rest of MJ albums are real good to, why are u just making it seem like the only albums that MJ did that are good were the ones with Q. I could maybe maybe see you making a statement like that if you exactly listened to ALL his albums but you haven't thats why I don't get all this judemental crap your doin. Those are not the only three albums people talk about when it comes down to MJ. Maybe the people around YOU that you hear that most from say that. It doesn't mean everybody feels that way. So stop thinking for everybody else. "But I'm willing to bet" you don't even know what ur talking about bro or the facts so why are you making an assessment. Until you listen to ALL his albums and until you exactly look at the songwriters, arrangers, producers to ALL his songs then come at me again but for now what ur saying don't make no kind of sence.

Nice at the end... real mature. This is a music forum, right? Why bring up irrelavent bull that doesn't matter. I really could run my mouth all day long about that subject but it has nothing to do with this forum or convo, why bring it up? Its useless and it doesn't prove anything.

Quote:
People don't care about good music anymore? So A Silver Mt. Zion, The Flaming Lips, Okkervil River, Belle and Sebastian, Belle Orchestra, Radiohead, Andrew Bird, The Shins, Ampere, Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Circle Takes the Square, The Polyphonic Spree, Sigur Rós, Final Fantasy, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Morrissey, Panda Bear, CocoRosie, Art Brut, Grizzly Bear, Hello Saferide, Jens Lekman, Animal Collective, Xiu Xiu, Built to Spill, The Raveonettes, Adam Green, Alina Simone, Camera Obscura, Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, The City on Film, Bishop Allen, Page France, Patrick Wolf, Sondre Lerche, Fruit Bats and litterally hundres of other artists who spent months and months writing and refining their sound and releasing albums hailed as modern classics are all crap and don't care about making quality music? How about you go and learn something about music before you walk around dropping such incredibly ignorant, no not just ignorant STUPID statements as that. Music is just as good today as it was twenty years ago, hell i'd actually consider it better now than it was in the eights when your beloved Michael Jackson was in his prime. Thanks to indepedent record labels and the internet artists have more room to be creative without having to worry about no one hearing about them. Creativity and succes can no go hand in hand, something the music industry hasn't seen in a long time.
What I've realized about you and a couple of other people on here is that. You don't respect other people's music taste or what other people choose to listen to. For that matter, you don't respect peoples opinions period. If they don't listen to the same things you listen to then they have bad music taste. If they don't dislike the musicians/ artists you dislike then they have a problem. Just because its something you don't prefer doesn't mean the person has bad music taste or the music is bad. It just doesn't appeal to you. Who the crap are you to tell anyone to learn something about music, some random chick can say the say same thing to you, its really immature
Why don't you go and learn something about music and BROADEN ur taste Mcartney. I can see if this was a long convo about Justin Timberlake but its about Michael Jackson? I am so dumbfounded with all the hatin towards MJ when he is a really good artist, one of the greatest this world as ever seen.

You have some people who think the Beatles are irrelavant and overrated. Which we all know is bologni but still its somebodys ignorant opinion just like in this case. The Beatles were on the high top at there peak and mainstream. So there crap? There music isn't good because it was popularized? What you have to realized is this can go both ways not just with MJ, Beatles whatever. With anybody it doesn't matter. Anybody can argue so and so is overrated or this and that. Who the flook cares if so and so is mainstream. Just because its mainstream or popular doesn't necessarily make it bad music.

When I said people don't care about good music anymore I was referring to the mainstream crap and how people exactly buy it. Of course the underground stuff you have to dig out under a rug is good. There is good music out there you have to find it. You really need to work on just accepting peoples opinions even though it may not be something u agree on. I don't agree with anything you've said so far regarding MJ, it doesn't bother me, I could really give a .... about what you think or anybody else on here thinks but I respect ur opinion, thats you.. you need to learn to accept other people's because its not like you can change peoples views well at least mines, cause you can't.

Quote:
Yeah...I addressed this already with the Motley Crue point. People are still buying Sunny and Cher albums, still buying Donny and Marie albums are you going to argue those artists are timeless? Just because you listened to crappy music in the 80s doesn't mean you're suddenly going to start listening to good music in the 00s, hell you're probably STILL going to be listening to the crap you liked back when. Music tastes of the average radio fan don't change. I still know people that listen to the Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears, are they timeless?
So Stevie, Marvin, Tina Turner, Temptations and oh yea Michael Jackson... all of a sudden the 80's are crappy because I like MJ.. whatever. You keep saying probably this or that..... you need to stop assuming things. You don't know what somebody may choose to listen to because your not them. You have people who are like that yes, who just listen to the radio and they think thats the only music out there because there not expose to other music. Thats not to say that all the music playing on the radio is crap but right NOW hell yes during the 80's I can't say because I wasn't born lol but I know MJ was definitly on the radio so that being no not all of it was crap. Brittany Spears/ Backstreet those are acts that come and go and really believe it or not still of "now" .. Timeless music is the kind of music still going to be playing 30-50 years from now. For example, The Jackson 5, they had that no. hit "I want you back" back in 1969 that song is STILL playing and getting airplay on radio stations and here we are in 2007. Thats timeless music.
mjscarousal is offline   Reply With Quote