Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Music "Range"
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 03:49 PM   #90 (permalink)
anticipation
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjscarousal View Post
LOL...ah whatever... man I never said you didn't give him credit all I said was, don't tell me what criticism is, I know what it is. I know MJ isn't picture perfect and I have stated that. I know that lol I know that really no matter how good an artist is, there is always room for improvement in certain areas. Some of you people on here are really underrating MJ thats why I'm just reacting the way I am to some of these comments because I know thats not tru and I'm pretty sure alot of other people feel the same way here to but yes, MJ isn't a golden calf but his not crap under a rug either.

People don't listen to MJ properly because it is tru. MJ has been through ish, with cases, rumors, trial etc for years now. ALL kinds of crap and people get sucked into that ish and when they listen to his music, their not really listening because their so busy trying to judge a person they don't even know squat about instead of judging the music. I just really wish people would seperate his private life from his music. The two don't mix no matter who the artist is. People just need to focus on the music and enjoy his talents.

My thing with "peeps should listen to all of MJ's music". Like you said you really don't have to listen to every SINGLE song an artist has made to criticise. The only reason why I said that is because in MJ's case Quincy Jones produced BAD, OTW,Thriller and helped out with those three main projects. Those albums Q produced were the only ones Crow mentioned he said he listened to supposely but I doubt it.The OTHER albums was all MJ, produced, arranged, composed etc. So in this case it still stands but you can feel any kind of way you want or say whatever. You don't have to listen to Mike. I really could give a... thats just you.
The best part of your argument is that you're angry about people "underrating" michael jackson as an artist and that you also accuse people of not being open and accpeting to other people's views and opinions on music.

Did you ever stop to think that, gee,
maybe not everyone has to think that michael jackson is good
or even like him the least bit?

Think of it like this,
pick a band that you really dislike
now imagine a fanatical advocate of that band telling you all the reasons you are wrong for having an opinion that differs from theirs, and that said band is amazing and you're just not getting it.

No one wants to hear their opinions discredited,
so stop telling people that their ignorant of his music.
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote