Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 Guitar Albums of All Time
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 03:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
15Steps
The Passenger

Default Top 5 Guitar Albums of All Time

Hello folks, im new here and pretty much the purpose of this thread is to find out a bit more of the taste of music lovers here. This list is 100% my opinion, if you disagree, good! i would love to hear other peoples feedback. please go ahead and post you're own list.

Now for the List!

5. Van Halen - Van Halen

Ah yes, the album that shot Eddie Van Halen into stardom. The album is known mostly for the insane solo Eruption. Overall, every single track just shows why Van Halen is known as a legend.

4. Pink Floyd - The Wall

Druggie Rock at its best! David Gilmour has always been one of my favorite guitarists. This album proves that you dont need to shred or have fast solos to be an amazing guitarist.
Key Tracks
Another Brick in The Wall 1 & 2
Comfortably Numb

3. Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland

Jimi doing what he does best, this album is a classic probably my 2nd favorite album from the 60s. Hendrix was the first really amazing solo electric guitar player out there, and this proves it.
Key Tracks
All Along The Watchtower
Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
Voodoo Chile

2. Buckethead - Population Override

Most likely my most controversial pick on the whole list. Buckethead has a lot of fans but a lot of haters as well, most of his haters say that "oh well, he only shreds and plays with no feeling." listen to this album and say that to me again.
Key Tracks
Unrestrained Growth
Too Many Humans
Earth Heals Herself

And The GrandPappy of them all...

1. Led Zeppelin IV

Wow, that is all I can say. This is truly the greatest Rock album ever. It is Led Zeppelin's finest work, Jimmy Page brings ithome with his monumental guitar licks and catchy riffs. Hating this album would be like hating music itself.
Key Tracks
Stairway To Heaven
Black Dog
When The Levee Breaks

Thank you for reading, please feel free to discuss and post your own ideas and lists.

Last edited by 15Steps; 12-19-2007 at 02:11 AM.
15Steps is offline   Reply With Quote