Music Banter - View Single Post - Tool - 10,000 Days
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 11:58 PM   #130 (permalink)
Ace
Ad Astra

I have never heard a band use it as a metaphor until Tool. I never once said in any post that Tool was original for using Eden in the song. I never said they were the FIRST to do it. I said, "I HAVE YET TO HEAR A BAND USE EDEN." Not once did I claim them the original users of Eden, and I even said that ages ago. I said it wasn't cliche. You're the one that nitpicked like a child, and changed the subject and said, "well that doesn't make em original!" Well, newsflash for you kid, it doesn't make Dylan original either, because it was done plenty of damn times before him. So now that you've danced around providing me proof that Dylan is absolutely the first person to do it, will you quit proving yourself to be like a damn 2 year old, and drop this ****ing subject? It's like you would argue with a damn brick wall if you could. Do you have nothing better to do then sit on musicbanter all day long, and try your best to find random **** to have the last say in every subject? Drop it while you can bungalowbill. I'm done.

Edit: And so I don't get some smartass reply about it, "End of Eden" was written early July of 2007.
Therefore Tool was the first band I've ever heard to use it as a metaphor.
I haven't listened to much of Dylan, and don't intend to any time soon.
Alllllll off topic. The song, Right In Two, is not cliche. I don't see an assload of music about Eden floating around on the internet or radio, anywhere. So good arguing to you Ethan, but I've made my points. If you want to argue with yourself though, keep postin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I think I know much better than you ever will how Mettalica is. I used to play for 2 years in a Mettalica cover band.

Last edited by Ace; 12-18-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote