Music Banter - View Single Post - Talkin' Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (1973)

This is a soundtrack composed almost entirely of instrumental tracks, with the exception of two songs Knockin' On Heavens Door and Billy 4. The former is a very strong track the latter is a good song but it pales in comparison to Knockin' On Heavens Door. There's not much to say about it really, Knockin On Heavens Door is a great great great song (try and forget the butchered Guns and Roses version when listening to this one) and the instrumental tracks show Dylan to be a good guitarist something that I never really paid attention to before. All in all it's a good soundtrack, doesn't work as an album for obvious reasons even if it is entirely done by Dylan.

Favorite Lyric: "Mama, put my guns in the ground / I can't shoot them anymore / That long black cloud is comin' down / I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door."
Favorite Songs: Knockin' On Heavens Door, Final Theme, Billy 4, Main Title Theme, Billy 7
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote