Music Banter - View Single Post - That Was The Year That Was
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Favourite Album of 2007: The Fall - Post Reformation TLC

Favourite Song Of 2007: Klaxons: Golden Skans , Shame about the album.

Favourite Film/TV Show of 2007: Life On Mars

Favourite Moment Of 2007: England getting knocked out of the European Championships.It's about time these overpaid underachieving primadonnas got a reality check.

Favourite Sporting Event of 2007: Mayweather vs Hatton , Hatton may have lost the fight but came out of it a winner.

Favourite News Story of 2007: The man who spent 3 months getting a tattoo of his wife's face on his back only for her to leave him when it was finished

Favourite Book of 2007: Yes Man by Danny Wallace

Favourite Youtube Clip of 2007 : The Life On Mars Camberwick Green trailer

Hero of 2007: Simon Amstell , I wanted to hate him , I didn't think there was any possible way he could be better than Mark Lamaar , but he managed it.

Most Missed Person of 2007: Tony Wilson

Worst album of 2007: Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion , please stop

Worst Song of 2007: The Wombats - Let's Dance To Joy Division , is that Ian Curtis spinning in his grave I hear ?

Most Disappointing Album of 2007: Klaxons - Myths Of The Near Future , as usual a band makes 2 stunning singles followed by a bland album.

Asshole Of 2007: Pete Doherty , again

Worst Moment of 2007: The memorial for Diana concert , a whole day of sycophantic vomit inducing TV

Things you hope to see in 2008: This is really unlikely to happen but one thing I would love to see more than anything is John Lydon to reform PIL with Levene & Wobble and deliver one big last '**** you' to the music industry. Like him or loathe him there are a hell of a lot of talented people who would jump at the chance of working with him and i'd love to see a PIL album with people like Mani , DJ Shadow , Kevin Shields , 3D of Massive Attack , James Murphy and people like that involved. Won't happen though.

Things you'd like to see the back of in 2008: Mika , it's like The Darkness never went away & just started singing pop songs instead

Musical tip for 2008: I honestly can't think of one , but thats fine because it means i'm more likely to be surprised by something.

Most awaited album in 2008: The new album by The Fall , M.E.S. says it's going to be even more uncompromising than the last one ,I didn't even think that was possible. I can't wait.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote