Music Banter - View Single Post - Talkin' Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 04:54 PM   #43 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Planet Waves (1974)

One thing I rarely have a problem with is Dylan's lyrics however on this album every other song seems to be about sex. That kind of gets tiring but songs like Forever Young, Wedding Song and Never Say Goodbye are beautiful, in fact I think they're some of the most poignant and just, well lovely Dylan songs I've heard so far. The Band sounds great backing him on this album though at times they're too laid back I can't help but wish there was some of the ferocity musically and vocally of Like a Rolling Stone.

Favorite Lyric: "May your hands always be busy / May your feet always be swift / May you have a strong foundation / When the winds of changes shift / May your heart always be joyful / May your song always be sung / May you stay forever young."
Favorite Song: Forever Young (both), Never Say Goodbye, Going Going Gone, Wedding Song
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote