Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 09:29 PM   #411 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
It would be one thing if he was a general surgeon or something, but discoverer of the cure of cancer?

plus, you werent missing PARTS of the book, you were missing most, if not all of it =/
He wasn't the discover, he was just the dude trying to battle the immunity. But yeah the movie and the book are completely different. If you read the book looking for parts you missed you won't find those parts you'll find an entirely different story.

I Am Legend is one of the greatest horror novels of all time and I guess since so much of the beauty about it occurs in Neville's head and deals with his own mental state it's kind of difficult to transition it to film but they changed everything. The dog, his status in life prior to vampiric infection and then there was that whole colony of survivors thing which was lame. In fact the whole Ethan/Anna thing was really lame, it was cooler when it was just Ruth and she totally screwed him up. It made the ending extremely poignant and they didn't stay true to that in the movie at all which bugged me. They used the quote (he is legend, though in the book it's actually I am Legend but considering who was saying it the difference is okay) and it made no sense because they don't go in depth about the whole vampire thing. The only hint is when he looks at his dog's teeth after she gets infected and that's something you wouldn't get unless you knew they were vampires. Congrats hollywood, you've butchered another book.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote