Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles
Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #467 (permalink)
fanofthefab4
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
So he beat out McCartney's poppy schlock and was a more serious song writer? Egads!

Try listening to some great Paul McCartney *ROCK* The Band On The Run Album,and Venus and Mars albums,and a hard rocking last Wings album Back To The Egg that David Gilmore,Pete Townsend,John Bonham and John Paul Jones played on two songs on,plus some very good rockers on his very popular 1971 very good Ram album,and a few on McCartney his first very good solo album that he played every single instrument by himself on and he played *so* many instruments great at only age 27! Many people have said he wrote the first true heavy metal song,Helter Skelter on The Beatles great 1968 White album! And try listening to a fantastic noisy hard rocker called The Mess recorded live with Paul and Wings in Amsterdam in August 1972 it was amazingly the B side to MY Love! But thats just how diverse Paul McCartney really is!

And Bob Dylan certainly doesn't agree with you that John was a more serious song writer. Bob Dylan said in a Spring 2007 Rolling Stone interview that he's awe of Paul McCartney and that he's the only one he's in awe of! He said Paul has the rhythm,and he has the melody,and he said he can sing the ballad very good and can play any instrument! He also said there were no better singers than John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

Paul McCartney has always been much more talented as a bass player,singer,multi-instrumentalist and *musicical* composer! Paul's father Jim McCartney was a naturally musicically talented self taught accomplishd jazz pianist and leader of his own jazz band,Jim Mac's Band and they were popular in clubs in the 1930's .

But Paul's father wasn't a poet,and he even wrote some of his own instrumental jazz music and Paul recorded one of his father's old jazz songs called Walking In The Park With Eloise which Paul included on his 1976 Wings At The Speed Of Sound album. So Paul inherited his father's natural musical talent to the extreme! Paul McCartney can and has written great lyrics but he doesn't have to and even when he does it's always his music that is what so great about the songs!

Also just in case you don't know,Paul wrote his great Beatles song Let It Be after he had a very vivid dream where he saw his mother Mary who had been a nurse and a midwife and who died 12 years before from breast cancer when Paul was only 14,(and Paul and his younger 12 year old brother visited their mother in the hospital where she was bleeding from her operation but nobody told Paul and his brother that their mother had breast cancer and that she was bleeding from the operation,and how she died! they weren't even allowed to go to her funeral!) and she seemed real and alive to him telling him to just accept things as they are. He says in his authorized biography Many Years From Now,that when he woke up he thought how wonderful it was to see her again,and this is what he means with the lines.When I find Myself In Times Of Trouble Mother Mary Comes To Me,Speaking Words Of Wisdom Let It Be,And In My Hour Of Darkness She Is Standing Right In Front Of Me,Speaking Words Of Wisdom Let It Be.

Also Paul McCartney has been in The Guiness Book Of World Records since October 1979 as the most successful and covered song composer ever!

Last edited by fanofthefab4; 12-27-2007 at 02:11 PM.
fanofthefab4 is offline   Reply With Quote