Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles
Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #472 (permalink)
fanofthefab4
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I don't care if Paul can sing and play, so could George, and weither hes a better singer is debatable, but he's certainly a better guitarist.

His licks on Something, Fixing A Hole, I've Just Seen a Face, She Said He Said, I Want You (Shes So Heavy), Let It Be, Dizzy Miss Lizzy, Ticket To Ride, Hello Goodbye, Dear Prudence, Sexy Sadie, I Feel Fine, Come Together, You Never Give Me Your Money, Polythene Pam, I Me Mine. I can go on.
As I already pointed out,Paul plays great lead guitar on Ticket To Ride,as well as on Another Girl and Taxman as well as the great bass, and it's actually Paul and George on lead guitars on Fixing A Hole,and he plays every instrument by himself on his first very good solo album McCartney in late 1969 when he was only 27,and he played *so* many insstruments great! Paul and Denny Lain are the only musicians on Paul and Wings great 1973 rock album Band On The Run and Paul played bass,piano,lead and accoustic guitars and drums! Then he played every instrument again on McCartney 2 in 1979,and he plays most of the instruments on his 1997 Flaming Pie album,and his two most recent solo albums,Chaos and Creation In The Backyard and Memory Almost Full.

John Lennon plays most of the great lead guitar on his great hard rocker I Want You She's So Heavy,and he played lead for the first time on his great 1964 rocker You Can't Do That, and only John and Paul play all of the instruments on The Ballad Of John and Yoko and John is on lead guitar,and as Ken on Keno's Classic Rock n Roll site he says, John showed on Get Back why he should have played lead guitar more often because he did such a good job,and Ken also says that John played one of he first and best acid guitar parts on the great 1968 hard rocking single Revolution,and he said John also played a very good slide guitar on George's For Your Blue.

Ken runs a Rolling Stones and a John Lennon fan site,and he voted Paul McCartney #2 Greatest Rock Bass Player after John Enwistle and the fans voted Paul # 3. Ken voted John Lennon # 2 Greatest Rock Rhythm Guitar player after Keith Richards and the fans have John in a tie at # 4 with Jimi Hendrix and Brian Jones.He voted John Lennon # 2 in a tie with Elvis as Greatest Rock Male Vocalist,and Paul # 6,the fans voted John # 1 and Paul # 7. And he voted John and Paul # 2 greatest rock song writers after Bob Dylan and the fans voted John and Paul # 1.

And on Rankopedia The Beatles are # 1 Greatest Rock Artists,# 1 Greatest Rock Group,# 1 Most Innovative Rock Group,and Paul and John # 1 Greatest Rock Song Writers and are also on the Greatest Rock Vocalists list and Paul McCartney is # 2 Greatest Rock Bass Player after John Entwistle John Paul Jones is # 6. And Digital Dreamdoor where many musicians post,The Beatles are # 1 Greatest Rock Artists,John and Paul are # 1 Greatest Rock Song Writers,George Harrison is # 55 out of over 100 Greatest Rock Guitarists,John and Paul are both on The Greatest Rock Male Vocalists,and Paul Mcartney is # 8 out over 100 Greatest Rock Bass Players John Paul Jones is # 21 and Bill Wynman is # 95 Ringo Star is # 47 out over 100 Greatest Rock Drummers Charlie Watts is # 53 ! Bass Player Magazine recently voted Paul # 5 Greatest Bass Player ever and # 2 Greatest creator of creative and best rock bass lines!

Eric Clapton says in an online interview called,Eric Clapton In His Own Words,that John Lennon was a pretty good guitar player and he would have known since he played live in concert with John as a member of John's 1969 Plastic Ono Band. And on an excellent site called,The Evolution Of Rock Bass Playing McCartney Style by Dennis Alstrand,Stanley Clarke,Will Lee,Sting,Billy Sheehan,George Martin and John Lennon are all quoted as saying what a great ,melodic and influential bass player Paul has always been.And The 1992 Rolling Stone Album Guide calls Paul a remarkable bass player and rightfully calls John and Paul the two greatest song writers in rock history.

Musician and song writer Peter Cross also says how John,Paul and George were all grerat guitarists,and that The Beatles are the most creative band with the largest amount of great quality,innovative songs and albums and in such a short time,and he said he as well as many other musicians consider Paul McCartney to be one of the best bass players ever! Wilkco's bassist John Stirratt says the same thing about Paul McCartney when he was asked in a 2005 Bass Player Magazine interview what bass player has had the most impact on your playing the most! Peter Cross also praises Ringo's drumming and said that John Lennon was right when he said Ringo has the best back beat in rock.

Last edited by fanofthefab4; 12-27-2007 at 06:32 PM.
fanofthefab4 is offline   Reply With Quote