Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles
Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 06:53 PM   #474 (permalink)
fanofthefab4
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I'm not going to bother reading all that because boo boo is right, George Harrison is a much better guitarist and musician. You can go on about how McCartney played so many instruments on his albums but his albums aren't held in anywhere near the favor that All Things Must Pass or most Harrison albums are. You know you spend most of that post just naming lists they appeared on, you really is how little those things actually matter right?
You are Very *WRONG* and biased and close minded but it really doesn't matter that much because most musicians including many well known ones recognize that Paul McCartney was the most virtuoso and great multi-instrumentalist of The Beatles! His father was a self taught accomplished jazz musician and leader of his own band that were popular in clubs in the 1930's and Paul's father was the leader of the band,Jim Mac's band and he wrote some instrumental music too! Paul inherited his father's natural musical talent to an extreme! Those lists mean a lot when many other bass greats like Stanley Clarke,Sting,Will Lee,Billy Sheehan, John Starratt etc all say that Paul McCartney is one of the best bass players ever! And the lists show most people agree! I'm sure if all of these polls had George voted as the best musician you wouldn't be denying they mean something!

On Wikipedia The Free online encyclopedia which is just one of many sources,it says that he and John Lennon formed one of the most influential and successful song writing partnerships and wrote some of the most popular songs in rock and roll and they define Paul McCartney an Academy award winning multi-instrumentalist but it doesn't describe George as a multi-instrumentalist! And you are wrong Paul McCartney's albums Band On The Run,Tug Of War,Chaos and Creation In The Back Yard,Memory Almost Full,and others have been highly acclaimed and popular,and Rolling Stone who had underrated and criticized Paul's second solo album Ram when it came out in 1971,now say that Paul's first two solo albums,McCartney and Ram are excellent and underrated!

Paul McCartney has been in The Guiness World Book Of Records since October 1979 as The Most Successful and Covered Composer of All Time Not George Harrison! And Geoff Emerick one of The Beatles innovative recording engineers criticized George Harrison's early guitar playing in his book that came out last year,Here There And Everywhere My Life Recording The Beatles and also recognizes that Paul is the better all around musician!

It's Paul playing that great lead guitar on George's Taxman and he plays that great bass too! As I said he plays great lead on Another Girl and Ticket To Ride Too! Deny it all you want most people know the truth! George and John and Paul for that matter are all underrated as guitarists!

Last edited by fanofthefab4; 12-27-2007 at 07:23 PM.
fanofthefab4 is offline   Reply With Quote