Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles
Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #479 (permalink)
fanofthefab4
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
What the bloody hell does his father have to do with how good of a musician Paul is? Being a super talented musician doesn't mean as much as being a good songwriter. Who's more known Bob Dylan or Steve Vai? Bob Dylan, who's the better musician? Well obviously Steve Vai, but does that make him better? Nope, George Harrison proved with his solo albums to be a much more capable songwriter than McCartney. He wrote a bunch of great songs sure but that's because he had Harrison and Lennon with him. Paul's solo career has been pretty laughable.

That's something that is completely subjective and isn't up for wikipedia to decide.

Okay...so they're both multi-instrumentalist. That puts them on a level playing field.

Rolling Stone is a joke and Harrison albums still sold more and are held in higher esteem by much more credible sources.

So what? All your little Beatles fun facts really don't mean much. Just because you're covered a lot doesn't make you better than somebody else. Green Day has been covered way more thank Frank Zappa are you going to go on and say Green Days better? Also All Things Must Pass was the most successful Beatles solo album ever.

And his opinion means what? Harrison is an excellent guitar player. He's the man who wrote While My Guitar Gently Weeps and though he didn't play it it's generally considered one of the best solos ever. McCartney didn't write a guitar piece that iconic did he?

Yeah I never said he played on them now did I?

I disagree with that, I think they're all rated pretty fairly guitarist wise.

Well of course you you think that they are all rated pretty fairly as guitarists because you *underrate* John and Paul as guitar players! Eric Clapton saying John was a pretty good guitar player and he would know since he played live in concert with John as a member of his 1969 Plastic Ono Band,doesn't mean anything either! He's just generally considered one of the guitar greats thats all!

And Paul having a very naturally musically talented father who was a self taught accomplished jazz pianist and leader of his own jazz band that were popular in clubs in Liverpool,and that he even wrote his own instrumental music, means the obvious that Paul inherited his father's same natural musical talent but to the extreme! I found an online article saying the same thing that I've said for a long time,that music because of his father is in his blood he was born extremely musicially talented and thats where he got it!!

Paul has five prestigious Ivor Novello awards and he holds the record for the largest stadium audience in history when 184,000 Brazillions paid to see him in concert at The Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janerio in April 1990 and the world record for the fastest ticket sales in history when 20,000 tickets sold out in 8 minutes for two shows in 1993. Paul also has a lifetime Achievement grammy award and in he was the first rock musician to recieve Chile's Order of Merit for services to music,peace and human understanding and in 1992 he was the first one to be awarded The Swedish Polar Music award which is the nobel prize for music! Yeah his music career is pretty laughable!

And Bob Dylan who I see you are a fan of,just recently said in a Spring Rolling Stone interview that he's in awe of Paul McCartney and that he is the only one he is in awe of! Bob Dylan said Paul has the melody,he's got the rhythm ,he can sing the ballad as good as anyone and he can play any instrument! He said there were no better singers than John Lennon and Paul McCartney. He did also say that he believes that George Harrison would have emerged as a song writer in his own right if he wasn't stuck behind John and Paul,but then Bob said who wouldn't get stuck?

Last edited by fanofthefab4; 12-27-2007 at 09:16 PM.
fanofthefab4 is offline   Reply With Quote