Music Banter - View Single Post - Guilty Pleasures...
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 06:12 PM   #126 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by synapse View Post
Fine fine I shall elaborate even though he doesn't deserve my time:

1.) He made it feasible for idiotic savant layabouts to imagine that they are members of the algonquin round table.
I wasn't aware the algonquins had a round table. Like, did they substitute furniture with tree stumps and suited armour with wolf pelts?

Quote:
2.) 'I don't eat meat because "Meat is Murder" had an impact on my life.'
Fan statements are hardly something you can hold against the artist.

Quote:
3.) Cacophonous can barely describe what I'm subjected to when I hear his voice, I'd much rather knock one off into a amniotic sac of a primordial dwarf and afterwards swallow the entire thing whole.
You could just say "I don't like his voice."

Quote:
4.) 'Morrissey's lyrics put everyday hardships and real life concerns to shame' Pfft sure, read the uylesses and then try and moan about a broken mirror or a burnt loaf fresh from the bakers 2 hours ago.
Another fan statement obviously, as said before it's hardly something you can hold against him especially when the fan obviously doesn't understand what most of Morrissey's music is about. They probably take songs like Heaven Knows I'm Miserable now as moping, not something that should be taken seriously.

Quote:
5.) I find him bland and repetitive.
He has some rock albums, a glam album, a pop album that's not really repetitive, barring the last few albums he always tried to do something new and succeeded in that. Just look at his debut, you have a joni mitchell inspired ballad, a violin track, some smiths tracks, some tracks that are just plain morrissey etc. That's not really a fair statement.

Quote:
6.) Closet BNP leader.
Let's hear it for pulling the old Morrissey is a racist card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synapse View Post
No I read pitchfork daily.
That's not something to brag about.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote