Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 04:13 AM   #52 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Neutral Milk Hotel "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea"

Every few months I bust out this album and listen to it alot. This one of those times, I can't play it very consistently because when I first heard it I was totally blown away by it and listened to it every day sometimes all day without stopping.
Favorite Songs: Holland 1945, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, Two Headed Boy Part II, Ghost, King of Carrot Flowers Part I

Linda Perhacs "Parallelograms"

An interesting blend of art-rock and freak folk, I love this album to death and keep forgetting just how much. It's a shame she didn't get more notice, definitely one of the unsung heroes of the 70s.
Favorite Songs: Hey Now Who Really Cares?, Delicious Paper Mountain Man, Chimacum Rain, Morning Colors

The Beatles "Magical Mystery Tour"

Jesus I love this album, it's just so happy sounding and upbeat and it's a nice break from the stuff I usually listen to. It always brings up memories of summer though which for some reason depresses me. Your Mother Should Know is probably the track I've been spinning the most off this.
Favorite Songs: Your Mother Should Know, Hello Goodbye, Penny Lane, All You Need is Love, Strawberry Fields Forever

The Doors "Strange Days"

I forgot how good the Doors were until I randomally felt like listening to them. I was really turned off for awhile because I couldn't stand Jim Morrison, I loved his voice and thought he wrote good lyrics when he wasn't trying too hard to be a "poet" but I thought he was a completely detestable and horrible human being and it just made me feel like not listening to them however I'm listening to them now and goddamn they're good, I really do love Jim's voice, Manzarek is amazing too. Krieger is a great guitarist too, solid band.
Favorite Songs: Moonlight Drive, People Are Strange, When the Music's Over, Love Me Two Times, You're Lost Little Girl
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote