Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 100 Albums of the 80s
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 04:45 PM   #52 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddp View Post
Before you remove things you should define what this list is about a bit more accurately.

What do you mean by "top 100 albums"?

Best, most influential, most culturally important. That totally effects what should be removed.

e.g. Madonna like a virgin may not be one of the best albums but it would be one of the most influential.
I suggested tons of recording that I don't really like because I was including cultural importance and influence as a determining factor.

What is the criteria?
What did Madonna influence? Really? Britney Spears? I'm growing so tired of these boring 80s pop albums being hyped as influential when in reality all they did was spawn the 90s boy band and girl singer phenomenon.

And the criteria is a combination of best, most liked, most talented, etc. You can say it's not concrete enough whatever, its a list assembled by all the musicbanter members so basically it's what we like and respect not so much what the rest of the world loves.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote