Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 100 Albums of the 80s
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 05:12 PM   #55 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Germicide didn't really touch GI (79) but I'll swap out Group Sex for a Poison Idea album but they only had two releases neither of which I'm familiar with. Kings of Punk and War All the Time I'll letyou decide which stays.

Swapped out the Pogues album for Rum, Sodomy and the Lash as well as Remain In Light for Fear of Music. Removed the rest. I've also gone ahead and removed the following albums just because I think even fans of them would agree there's much better albums that belong on the list and I even listed reason.

Bruce Springsteen "Nebraska"
I don't care for Springsteen but I think Born in the USA is enough.

Dead Kennedys "Plastic Surgery Disasters"
Fresh Fruit was way way better.

Gorilla Biscuits "Start Today"
I don't really know why I added this in the first place.

Madonna "Like a Virgin"

Posted my reasoning.

Queen "The Works"
Queen started going downhill in the 80s, it started with this album.

Queen "The Game"
They weren't good in the 80s.

Tears for Fears "The Hurting"

it's tears for fears

The Smiths "Strangeways, Here We Come"

The Smiths are my favorite band but even I don't care much for this album. It had some really really really good songs like Girlfriend in a Coma and A Rush and A Push etc but most of this album was stuff like I Won't Share You and Unhappy Birthday, which lost their novelty pretty fast and are some of the worst smiths songs.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote