Music Banter - View Single Post - Most OVERRATED albums of 2007
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 04:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
What was wrong with Sunset Rubdown's album? I thought it was better than Shut Up I Am Dreaming and certainly better than anything Wolf Parade did and both were amazing.
Oh no, absolutely, I thought Krug's albums were great. My point was, so did Pitchfork (they rated it pretty high), but they didn't even put Random Spirit Lover in their top 50 and instead included numerous more "mainstream" popular albums (like the Stripes, Beirut and so forth) that they didn't like too much and rated significantly lower in the reviews. The same thing happened with Blitzen Trapper's Wild Mountain Nation, Nastasia's You Follow Me and Frog Eyes' Tears of the Valedictorian, all loved by Pitchfork reviewers yet not even given mention in the final list. They snubbed more obscure acts that they themselves loved in favour of albums like Icky Thump which made the list, and I find that strange.

Far as the Pitchfork Top 10, even 20 goes, I agree it was predictable in all ways. But the failure to include some pretty awesome (though obscure) albums in the list at all was peculiar.
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote