Music Banter - View Single Post - No Country for Old Men (Spoilers)
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
I loved it.

Only thing i didnt enjoy was the ending, and maybe it's the books fault, but it felt so fast.

I wanted to see more >.<

I kept waiting for tommy lee to kick some ass dammit!
The ending was what sealed it for me. The same way Urban hates Electioneering, I'd have hated a closer ending. It gives too much, it would have been a dumbing down for the masses and I'm glad they stayed away from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
I loved everything apart from the somewhat abrupt way they disposed of the central character....I kept thinking it was just a ploy...and then he didn't come back... Plus I didn't really understand the need for the car crash and Macdonald's (Llewelyn's wife) accent was annoying...minor quibbles really. It was definitely the most intense experience this year in the theater...
I don't recall the car crash well enough but I feel like everything in the film had a purpose. The characters weren't really characters (i felt) more vechiles to convey problems, and issues that have crept into America and while they didn't need to dispose of the main character, I think they did that so you could get attached, or think it was a story about a guy who...

It took me about 3 weeks to digest everything I have so far, and I still want to see it twice more just to make sure.