Music Banter - View Single Post - Emo, timeless?
Thread: Emo, timeless?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005, 07:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealious
You were just comparing the beatles band to the whole emo genre...That doesn't make any sense

You generalized a genre that has over a thousand bands

"a band that has the most number ones and the highest selling british album of all time do not suck"
-Usher has as number of number 1 sellers in America, so he must not suck. This also applies to Britney Spears, the Backstreet Boys, N Sync, etc... They all must be really good since they have many number one selling albums.

"they were slightly overrated"
-Yeah, just a little bit. That's why 2 out of 3 girls would scream their names at concerts and idolize them. Sound familiar?

"whereas emo to me is just generic rubbish"
-Didn't you just say "perhaps you should add "in my opinion"". It makes you seem as a hypocrite losing all credibility.

And in conclusion:
Why would I have to say "in my opinion" when I'm saying it. Of course its my opinion. This is an online forum where people express opinions... If I said in my opinion I would be merely restating the obvious.

I'm done
right, notice i said "to me" before i said emo is generic rubbish?.
secondly, 2 out of 3 girls screaming suggests that they merely be fans of the band, nothing wrong with that is there.
no, usher isnt crap, hes just not my particular taste, and britney spears, Nsync and co havent had 27 number ones both sides of the atlantic have they? or the biggest selling album in their country ever.
and the reason im comparing the emo genre to one band is to me(<-notice that?) emo is all the same.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote