Music Banter - View Single Post - Death Cab For Cutie
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #164 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I have got TRANSATLANTICISM and really like a lot of stuff on there, but there are a few weak tracks on there. what IS their best album? or can Ethan be my saviour and post a splendid DCFC comp for me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Death Cab For Cutie

Washington indie-pop/rockers Death Cab For Cutie sound like a combination of Sunny Day Real Estate, Elliott Smith, and a mellow Built to Spill. Ben Gibbard's voice is like that of Elliott Smith, quiet and with a shy feel and lyrically he holds that articulate feel that Morrissey has, though hes slightly cheesy at times and more flowery. Backed by a slightly twinkly indie-pop sound, it maybe moody and at times corny enough to make you smile, but it's always honest.

1. A Movie Script Ending
2. I Was A Kaleidoscope
3. The Sound of Settling
4. Crooked Teeth
5. Photobooth
6. A Lack of Color
7. 405 (Acoustic)
8. Brothers On a Hotel Bed
hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?5xxx3jtej0j
Already did one awhile ago, the thing about Death Cab is they have a bunch of good songs just not all on one album. You have to wade through the filler to hear the goodies.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote