Music Banter - View Single Post - I want to learn the Piano...
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
FatasieImpromptuPl0x
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
I cant take it anymore.... I want to play beautiful music whit my piano, but i cant play It really pains me to listen to Beethoven, Chopin or even Glass, wanting to play those beautiful melodies for myself and just failling because i have no training.

Does anyone know a free piano learning site that works well?
Ok I hope I'm ot to late. You defiately do not need a piano teacher. with any instrement, all you need are the basic principles on how to play correctly. Likewise, with piano as long as you know a few things you can do what you will and become as good as any of us. When you play piano, you know how theirs little numbers above the notes? above all, you need to learn how to read finger numbers. It will help you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Basically if you lay your right hand face down, it will go (left to right) 1 2 3 4 5. Put your fingers in those spots and your set. The only other thing is learning how to practice something. The way you do that is extremely simple. say something is straight 8th notes. You practice it as if it was swung, only to an extreme. short loong short long. then looong short, you get the idea. practice that evenly and it makes life e z p z. hope that helps T_T
FatasieImpromptuPl0x is offline   Reply With Quote