Music Banter - View Single Post - Stupidity
Thread: Stupidity
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

A girl in math class asking about a comma:

"what's that wierd squiggly dot thing?"

A guy on the lift with me watching my friend ski switch (backwards) down the hill:

"Oh my god what the hell is that kid doing!! You're not supposed to ski backwards! What is he doing-wait, he's gonna go off that jump, how does he expect to be able to go off that jum- huh...he landed it..."

I really get annoyed with stupid people who are completely ignorant of skiers in the park, so it's always fun to watch them make complete idiots of themselves, like in this next scenario:

My friend and I were filming in the park, and this old guy and his little kid decide to take a nice leisure run through the park, which is annoying enough since they always cut across the landning and piss us all off. So I'm standing next to this dad and his kid waiting to film my buddy hitting the rail, and we see a boarder hit it first. so overhear the kid ask his dad, "dad, can skiers go on rails too?" the dad, being the ignorant fool that he is, says, "of course not son, rails are only made for snowboarders" Now I'd caught this whole exchange on camera, and my buddy decided that was his cue to hit the rail, perfect technique on the down-flat-down rail, and an unbelievably smooth, stylie 270 off. I turned my camera on to the dad and said, "so what was that about skiers not being able to hit rails?" then switched off the camera, and skied down to get ready to film the next hit. I love it when we can do things like that.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote