Music Banter - View Single Post - Get to Know You Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 05:08 AM   #51 (permalink)
can_i_say
Music Addict

Hi, my name is Richard, or more commonly Rick/Rich/Richey. I'm 21, live in a student dominated area of Newcastle (north east England) in Sandyford. For more information on this urban paridise, enjoy this easy link I have provided Sandyford, Newcastle upon Tyne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
I'm currently on a placement year as a Web Development Assistant, studying Internet Computing.

I first discovered emo via ther pioneers of the genre, Dashboard Confessional and Jimmy Eat World. Seriously though, it was from these pop/rock/indie bands that I found my way to post hardcore, Hot Water Music, Fugazi, Quicksand etc which turned me on to the likes Rites of Spring, Embrace, Hoover, Still Life, and Moss Icon. It was round this point that my taste in music more or less anchored in punk and alternative, never to set sail to the modern mainstream ever again!

Right now I listen to lots of Melodic Punk/Hardcore, Alt/Indie and Post Rock. I guess emo took a back seat in many ways, as the styles I favoured was first wave and mid-west, the majority of modern bands influenced by second wave screamo/hardcore emo, which didn't do it for me. I still dig on some modern bands, Funeral Diner, CTTS, Hot Cross, and that Sailboats song kicked ass.