Music Banter - View Single Post - Lyrics
Thread: Lyrics
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 04:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
fighttest89
Groupie

Default Lyrics

The lyrics are based on a short sci-fi story I wrote. I've included a short synopsis below to hopefully help with interpretation.

There's a scientist. He's feeling pretty bitter about his personal life and just the general state of things on Earth. As far as he's concerned, people are walking around in their own little dream worlds, oblivious to the pain and suffering that surrounds them. However, he does hold out some hope that things might be better in the afterlife than they are on Earth. So he builds a machine designed to blow up the Sun, which will then expand and envelope the Earth and take everyone to whatever afterlife there might be. So, the scientist launches the machine towards the sun, and is initially pretty happy about doing it. However, when the machine reaches the Sun and detonates, the scientist recognizes all the beauty that surrounds him and wishes he could stop it. However, he's too late to save the Earth from incineration. The scientist spends his last moments regretting what he did, wishing it were just a dream.

Here are the lyrics. Constructive critiscism and ideas for improvement are welcome and appreciatted. Thanks.

Living in a dream
No one knows quite what it means
So what’s the point of dreaming?
So what’s the point of dreaming anymore?

Waking from a dream, on blue and green
Another blow, the things you know
A fatal scene, with a machine
The sun will sympathetically explode
Mercifully explode

Cuts marked in the ground, red on brown
The sound resounds, it’s all around
A steady hum, to marching drums
Going round and round and round
But no one makes a sound

Flashing through the trees, in golden green
With a machine, the end of things