Music Banter - View Single Post - The British Indie Scene
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nic View Post
and there's plenty of decent British Indie bands if you look hard enough.
Provided you're talking about new acts, I'm not saying you're wrong, but if so, could you enlighten me? The only imo truly decent debut I came across in 2007 was the Welsh boys (and girls) of Los Campesinos.

Quote:
Um, are you serious? I often find that atm there is way too much good stuff out there, not too little. You're obviously listening to the wrong stuff :-)
Same deal, really. Be great if you could direct me towards where it is. Remember, I'm talking about new acts. That excludes established indie folk like Radiohead, Franz, and so forth. Cheers.

Also, have either of you heard of a now defunct band Les Incompetents, or the band that emerged from the midst of their ruins, Ox.Eagle.Lion.Man? I have heard these kids raving about them, but they seem kinda bad. I've also heard indie boys in Britain praising the sounds of certain bands related to the scene and making out that they are really "cutting edge", while it's actually really derivative garbage with about as much sonic progression as beating a bog roll.

And NME and Q magazine are unquestionably the most biased, absurd publications to exist in the music world. </rant>
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote