Music Banter - View Single Post - Clinton
Thread: Clinton
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #52 (permalink)
TheDonald
Account Disabled

Quote:
Mexico's government is partly to blame for there problems but you aren't listening America can't just sit here and say "It's Mexico's problem" when it was also very much the fault of America.
Stop being so down on America. Mexico has no one else to blame for their problems. When did it become America's job to bail out every other country when they get into trouble? Ever heard of self-reliance? America is no mexico's big brother, we do not need to fight their battles, and we are not to blame for their economic down falls.

Quote:
I'm sure if the Mexican government had the ability to just magically eliminate poverty in their country they would in a second but the fact is they don't. They aren't able to offer low interest loans or create good industry wages for people at factories, it's not like they're in the situation for kicks.
Keeping the poor in poverty is the only way to keep the rich in luxury. Don't fool yourself.

Quote:
I don't think you really understand the problem with malquiladoras. These are factories set up by AMERICAN BASED COMPANIES IN MEXCIO FOR LOW WAGE LABOR. That's the key thing, people are working in conditions very similar to some asian factories.
Again, where's the problem? You're telling me that these mexicans would rather have sit at home and have NO money than have a sh*tty job and have SOME money? They're thankfun for these jobs, and it only helps to pump money into their beaten-down economy.

Quote:
The Mexican government doesn't have the ability to say no to these factories because they're owned by major American companies like walmart and if they were to say something they run the risk of finacial and diplomatic seclusion from the US in a time when aid is very much needed but we won't give it because we have no interest in serving anyone else but ourselves.
I agree, the united states SHOULD be doing more to help impoverished countries. But when their own government refuses to help, how does it become the US's problem?

Quote:
More people need to realize just how much of a pile of crap these "War on Terrorisms" and "Getting Rid of Sadams" missions are. If we really had interest in helping countries we would be in Darfur right now and we would also have been in Mexico along time ago.
Couldn't agree more.

Quote:
How do slaughter houses benefit society? By pumping up obesity and blood pressures and creating some of the most disgusting industries ever?
That's what I said, you must have confused my statements with those of TheBig3KilledMyRainDog's.

Quote:
Anyway there's a difference between animals and unborn and unthinking fetuses. I think Animal abuse and the meat industry is more akin to child abuse than abortion anyway and if we're going to continue to argue abortion we shouldn't sit here with our apples and oranges when the oranges aren't necessary.
There is a huge difference between abortion and killing animals for food. Man has domain over the animals. We're at the top of the foodchain. The fact is, there arent enough vegetable and wheat fields on the planet to feed us humans, so we must turn to eating animals to survive. It's simply the foodchain, not cold blooded murder.