Music Banter - View Single Post - Clinton
Thread: Clinton
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #53 (permalink)
TheDonald
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
I'd hate to further the off topic but I feel compelled to interject here and ask if you wouldn't mind clarifying what marriage is to you? I'm only assuming that it's not just about a life long commitment, but also about procreation. If I'm right, does that mean couples that can't have kids (or don't want any) shouldn't be allowed to call their union marriage either?
Marriage is a legal bond between a willing, legal man and a willing, legal woman. It has nothing to do with the ability to procreate, because un-wed couple can just as easily have children.

I hate to be close-minded or offensive, but I can't help but to put my foot down in this matter. Like I said, give homoesxuals all of the same rights as a married couple. Tax write-offs, whatever. Call it a legal bond, accord, have them be seen as a legal couple in the eyes of the law. Just don't label it a "marriage". It can be the exact same thing as a marriage, but I reserve that term for a man and a woman.

Like I said, I hate to be close-minded or offensive, but this is my personal belief on the subject.