Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #61 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

The Magnetic Fields "69 Love Songs"

I just got this a few days ago and it really hasn't left my stereo. All three albums are solid and beautiful and All My Little Words is my favorite song right now. At times its like an upbeat Joy Division at other times lo-fi folk beauty.
Favorite Songs: All My Little Words, I Think I Need A New Heart, Absolutely Cuckoo, The Luckiest Guy On The Lower East Side, I Don't Want to Get Over You, Promises of Eternity

Elliott Smith "XO"

This album is so beautiful and so is Elliott Smith. I have trouble expressing just how much his music means to me and it always feels like I fall short when I try to so I won't try to right here.
Favorite Songs: Pitseleh, Waltz #1, I Didn't Understand, Waltz #2 (XO), Tomorrow Tomorrow, Baby Britain, Independence Day

The Good Life "Help Wanted Nights"

Tim Kasher is a brilliant lyricist and I'm steadily starting to like The Good Life better than Cursive. This album is like he sat there at the end of my relationship and took notes and then wrote an album about it, that sounds cliche but to me it's beautiful.
Favorite Songs: Heartbroke, Keely Aimee, Some Tragedy, So Let Go, You Don't Feel Like Home to Me

Bright Eyes "Fevers & Mirrors"

This is the album that was responsible for shifting my tastes the most in 05 and it was also my favorite Bright Eyes album for a very long time. Conor's lyrics here are the best they've ever been and some of the best that have ever been.
Favorite Songs: The Calendar Hung Itself, Something Vague, Haligh Haligh A Lie Haligh, The Movement of a Hand, The Center of the World
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote