Music Banter - View Single Post - Clinton
Thread: Clinton
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #83 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsed2lguy View Post
I'm voting for Clinton, and here's why:
Under Bill Clinton, we had a better economy, and we were more peaceful. We did have disputes, and unnecessary bombings in other countries. In fact, our foreign affairs weren't very good, but at least we didn't have any full scale wars.
Hillary isn't Bill Clinton.

Quote:
I don't like the fact that she received money from lobbyists, but I truly believe her when she says she wants improved health care, and wants to fight for the poorer and more underprivileged Americans.
John Edwards has never accepted any money from lobbyists, but with all due respect, he probably never needed to. He does say he wants to fight for poorer Americans, but I hardly believe him. He teams up so much with Obama in the debates, and I don't even think he wants to see a Democrat win the upcoming election.
If he doesn't want a democratic win why wold he be running?

Quote:
I'm passionate about a president who would fight for the poorer people, because they realize as it is right now, a lot of them can unnecessarily live off of unemployment and disability, and who wouldn't want to. We don't believe in the leaders in this country-from the president, down to CEO's of companies, to managers at the local fast food chain.
They've had a saying in this country for a long time, that the current president embodies the nation, and then we the people of the nation, come to not only fight for, but resemble our president in many ways.
Well, that's probably why our country is so divided right now. We have the most unpopular president in our country's history.
Hillary is a walking talking slave to the corporations. She isn't the presidential equivalent to Robin Hood.

Quote:
I was in Texas the other day, and some dude wearin' a cowboy hat, who looked like he could have been one of Bush's close friends, came up to me and said, "We've got a woman running for president, can you believe that?" I told him yes, and I was voting for her. He responded "Shoot, women can't handle the stress. Men are made to handle stress. Women get all (makes idiotic distressed sounding voice) I pretended to listen to him for a while, then walked away.
Yeah, women can't take the stress. That explains why women perennially outlive men by about 6 or 7 years. I'm so sick of idiot traditionalists thinking that a president crying and showing vulnerability would encourage terrorism.
Yeah, I can just imagine the Taliban watching videos of her crying, and immediately linking that up a weak military and poor national defense. "Jeez, we could probably take over the whole country with her running the damn thing." Just because you're frozen inside, and had your feelings beat out of you doesn't mean crying is a weakness. It justs means that it's different. And we need a change.
I don't think that sexist attitude is much different than saying she's going to be the same president as her husband.