Music Banter - View Single Post - The British Indie Scene
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 05:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
No, not at all. I'm actually INTERESTED to find out if there is something of any worth coming out of the latest wave of bands. There's been no stirring here at all. See for yourself. It's been a civil discussion. A number of Brits have come in to admit to the current problems in the scene. Even Gravity Slips, who at first seemed determined to prove otherwise, has admitted to the recent slowness. I'm not on the attack. I just want to get further to the bottom of the issue.

As for your contributions, then obviously they're appreciated. I know you listen to a hell of a lot of music, so maybe you've come across some decent bands emerging from the current wave.
Your logic is awful because it isn't consistent. The Holloways got started in 2004 (not very new) Reverend And The Makers (2005) and other bands in this thread I won't bother with have all been around. Most bands don't pull an Arctic Monkeys and blow up soon after forming. All the 'new bands' aren't that 'new' (just going by your logic) so I really have no idea what to think of your argument. Basically you want to bitch about the current state of the radio which I don't understand because you guys don't have it that bad. I'd rather listen to the The Hoosiers and the Kooks than 50 Cent and Britney Spears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
Speak for yourself. Some of us were into Paddy way back when Lycanthropy was around. I'm not bragging, just saying that I'm not from London and I had heard of him and liked him.

On another point, are we going to completely disregard the Klaxons now?
I wasn't saying he was completely unheard of by everyone. When I got into him in 2005 no one knew who he was it wasn't until The Magic Position came up and pitchfork hyped the **** out of it he got any attention. The point I was trying to make was, like most of the bands Rainard is bitching about, he's been around for awhile and just hasn't broken out until this year. But he's invalid apparently for reasons only known to Rainard.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote