Music Banter - View Single Post - Clinton
Thread: Clinton
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #103 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Did you even read his speech on why he'd want to do it?
I heard him interviewed but regardless of reasoning, I've laid mine out as to why we shouldn't.

Quote:
Well I assumed I wouldn't really have to explain the important of the US and how influential we are.
I'm afraid you'll have to. Assumptions and conventional wisdom is how people arrive at some ill-thought of conclusions in my opinion.

Quote:
Honestly I don't think having them or not would effective whether or not we went in. It's not like we go into countries and bomb the shit out of them with nuclear weaponry once we invade them.
No, we don't. But our use of the bombs is irrelevent. We've never invaded a country or bombed one while they had nuclear capabilities. For example, we invade Iraq which had nothing, and we have "peace talks" and "non-proliferation agreements" with North Korea because they not only have them but they fired one into the sea of Japan. Its less of a "will we use it" and more of a "will they use it?"

Quote:
I understand that, I even said that, I never said I was one way on this issue you're just trying to argue for the sake of it.
I'm merely pointing out the flaws in your logic.

Quote:
Because of his stance on nuclear weaponry? Maybe you should list more examples than him wanting peace.
I shouldn't. The very idea of his foreign policy is unrealistic and naive. In a time where foreign policy is brutally crucial to the sanctity of the globe, I don't want DK healing it back with renewable energy while he gives it away in foreign policy.

Quote:
So basically we shouldn't strive to be better because "every country does ****ty things?"
No, we should always strive to be better, but if we don't achieve it the "america is so corrupt and do you know what their doing to [third world country]" arguments should at least acknowledge that we certainly move in the correct direction a lot more than we do not. I think far too much is taken for granted here. We can do better, but we could also do much worse.