Music Banter - View Single Post - Radiohead : In Rainbows
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Track breakdown:

15 STEP. It may not seem like a generic funk track, but it has this groove going on that is so uplifting to hear from Radiohead. There are some great little bass runs permeating the track.

BODYSNATCHERS-This is a guitar driven juggernaut that does'nt alter it's pace throughout the song and is Radiohead at their most energetic and playful.

NUDE- The pace drops here for a typically brilliant downbeat track. There is some wonderful orchestration and Yorkes vocals once again soar.

WEIRD FISHES/APREGGI-What seems at first a simple mid tempo track quickly reveals itself to be incredibly multilayered with some fantastic rythmn guitar work. I love the drum track too, while appearing complicated it moulds into the track beautifully.

ALL I NEED- A keyboard dominated ballad exquisitevly sung by Yorke. The main theme of the song is dominated by a two note piano motif that fits perfectly. The song builds into a stunningly atmospheric and uplifting crescendo that makess my neck hairs stand on end. My album fave.

FAUST ARP-Guitar and strings is the name of the game here. This is not one of my faves.

RECKONER-This seems to be a favourite of many people, unfortunately not mine. While I really like the drum pattern and the simple guitar, I just find his falsetto ever so grating as I near the end of the track.

HOUSE OF CARDS- Delicious and efficient. This song could posibly be Radioheads perfect pop song. The production is excellent on this track too, with many layers going on.

JIGSAW FALLING INTO PLACE-This reminds me of Paranoid Android a lot. Not in the songs structure, but in it's riff and tempo. Once again this is one of those tracks that builds and reveals many layers.

VIDEOTAPE-What a way to end the album. Thom Yorke and a piano slowly revealing an off kilter drum loop that is in keeping with the hypnotic beauty of the track.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote