Music Banter - View Single Post - Elliott Smith : New Moon
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

This album is kind of bizarre when you look at it. Two discs worth of tracks that weren't good enough for his legendary Either/Or and slightly less memorable self-titled but Elliott has proven that his b-sides are just as good as his a-sides. The only problem with this album is during his early days he wasn't a very varied artist. It's 24 tracks that for the most part are all just straight acoustic songs. There is a difference between many: the Johnny Cash Chugging guitar of Big Problem, the lo-fi, haunting and slightly drowned out High Times, the slow All Cleaned Out with the out of harmony vocals going in and out there still isn't much difference between tracks like First Timer and though there is some electric songs on here there's not many. I love this album to death but, and not shockingly, it's more something for the fans because it's alot of tracks to go through and not the best introduction to his work though I think plenty of his tracks on here are worth listening to for anyone.