Music Banter - View Single Post - Talkin' Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

"Another Side of Bob Dylan (1964)"

I don't hear this album getting discussed much and I'm assuming it must be because it came out the same year and probably gets compared to The Times They Are A-Changing (and loses). That must be the reason I don't hear it get talked about much because there's nothing wrong with the material itself.

The album opens with a much happier Dylan (he laughs =O), much different from the one then we saw on his last album. It's interesting really the contrast between this and Times. While Times was bleak and very political this albums much more fun and lighthearteded, though not all the time it has it's more depressing notes, It Ain't Me Babe for instance. .This album is considered to be the last strictly acoustic Dylan album and it's definitely a good note to end on it. Dylan sounds energetic and appears to be having a lot of fun, there's even a honky tonk piano thrown in here.

Favorite Lyric: "My friends from the prison, they ask unto me / 'How good, how good does it feel to be free?' / And I answer them most mysteriously / 'Are birds free from the chains of the skyway?'"
Favorite Songs: Chimes of Freedom, My Back Pages, I Shall Be Free No. 10, It Ain't Me Babe, To Ramona
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote