Music Banter - View Single Post - Talkin' Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 07:08 PM   #54 (permalink)
Laces Out Dan!
I love Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
"Desire (1976)"

The opening track shows Dylan returning to his topical roots with the firey song protesting the arrest and testifying the innocence of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter. You know Dylan has had some amazing openers, Like a Rolling Stone, Blowin In the Wind, Subterranean Homesick Blues etc and Hurricane is seriously one of the best. Needless to say, Hurricane really blew me away. I had high expectations for Desire, my friend Chloe said it was her favorite Dylan album and it was the follow up to my favorite Dylan album (Blood on the Tracks.) I don't think I like it better but I think this is my second or third favorite Dylan album and I think it's the most underrated Dylan album I've encountered so far too. The music is kind of Caribbean at times, Emmylou Harris does back up vocals it's pretty similar to the stuff he's been doing before but by no means does that make it bland. His lyrics are at some of his best hear, long gone are the rambling and often nonsensical lyrics of his electric days and he's grown past being the voice of our generation now he just tells beautiful stories that are like poetry with songs like Isis and Sara.

Favorite Lyric: "Your breath is sweet / Your eyes are like two jewels in the sky / Your back is straight, your hair is smooth / On the pillow where you lie but I don't sense affection / No gratitude or love / Your loyalty is not to me but to the stars above."
Favorite Songs: Hurricane, Isis, Sara, Oh Sister, One More Cup Of Coffee, Joey
You are a witty man.

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝