Music Banter - View Single Post - Talkin' Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #56 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

"Street Legal (1978)"

This album follows two of my favorite Dylan albums (Blood on the Tracks and Desire) and I didn't expect it to be very good because this album in a lot of ways would mark the start of his religious themes and lyrics that would become the main writing well which he would draw from after this so I expected it to be the beginning of some bad christian rock phase and it really isn't anything like the two before with its female choir background vocals and big productions but the change is very welcome. It's fairly dark and strange, still very good and very underrated album. Oh and thank god for the remastered version.

Favorite Lyric: "Gentlemen, he said / I don't need your organization / I've shined your shoes / I've moved your mountains and marked your cards / But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination / Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards / Peace will come with tranquility and splendor on the wheels of fire / But will bring us no reward when her false idols fall / And cruel death surrenders with its pale ghost retreating / Between the King and the Queen of Swords."
Favorite Song: Changing Of The Guards, Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power), New Pony, Where Are You Tonight? (Journey Through Dark Heat)
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote