Music Banter - View Single Post - Talkin' Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 11:48 PM   #58 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

"Slow Train Coming (1979)

Damnit Bob, why did you have to go funk AND christian at the same time? I can't make up my mind on this album on whether I like it or not. The problem with christian music is that it's more about the message than the music so the delivery is very heavy on the message and it's almost impossible to ignore but sometimes, even despite the christian themes, it's very worth it, Precious Angel is a great song despite its overly christian message. Anyway that's the problem here, but unlike most christian music the music is actually worth it and this is apparent from the opener. If you're like me and have trouble ignoring lyrics then this album is going to be difficult for you. If you don't pay attention to the lyrics than you're in luck, Dylan released another good album.

Favorite Lyric: "All that foreign oil controlling American soil / Look around you, it's just bound to make you embarrassed / Sheiks walkin' around like kings, wearing fancy jewels and nose rings / Deciding America's future from Amsterdam and to Paris / And there's a slow, slow train comin' up around the bend."
Favorite Songs: Gotta Serve Somebody, Slow Train, Precious Angel, I Believe In You
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote