Music Banter - View Single Post - Radiohead : In Rainbows
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
ItalianStallion
Groupie

I got this album at 5 AM the day the download was released. I have listened to it sooo many times...it has quickly become one of my favorites of thiers.

15 step-Opens in a fashion that goes back towared the Kid A era, heavy on the electronic beats. The beats almost make it seem that the song should be called ping-pong wars or something. About 40 seconds into the song the jazzy guitar riff comes in, and the electro side of the tune quickly dissapears. This is where the album quickly turns into a full band show.

Bodysnatchers-This funky, very driven tune starts fast, and doesn't slow down. This is one of thier most energetic tunes since electioneering. The song keeps builing up, and doesn't let go, the last few seconds of the song johnny rips a short solo-esque riff, and from there on one would assume this is going to be an energetic album.

Nude-but this proves it wrong. From here on out, the album is quite chill. The song, driven mostly by an odd bass line and thoms vocals is the transition song of the album. I easily got lost in this song...very beautiful.

weird fishies/arpeggi-the song starts off with a quick drum riff that kind of teases at some more fast paced radiohead, but once the guitar comes in the song becomes another beautiful chill radiohead peice.

All I need-Very mellow, bass and vocal driven tune. the song is beautifully sung, and builds up toward the end which makes me wish the song would never end.

faust arp-my least fav track on the album. Acoustic guitar and strings drive the song which thom chants. Short, not great, but still enjoyable.

reckoner-the song is simply beautiful. The drums surround you as the simple guitar wowrk and thom's voice come in. A definate highlight of the album, although i didn't like it at first. Same effect as paranoid android the first time i heard it...used to hate it but now i love it.

house of cards-Beautifully layered, delay guitar, possibly radioehad's most immidaite song since creep.

Jigsaw falling into place-One of my favs on the album.heavy on bass, fast acoustic guitar and drums. Thoms vocals are in an interesting style. This song intrigues me, and i never get tired of it.

videotape-as the album started with justthom and electro beats driving energy, the album ends just thom and piano bringing the album to a very mellow halt. the song keeps teasing you to think that a climax will come, but one never does. possibly the best album closer since street spirit (for them that is).

over all, i love the album...It kinda segways from an older radiohead experimental form with 15 step and transitions you into this new, chill radiohead...it does it fantastically, my only complaint is that it should be longer...i mean, waht radiohead album is shorter that Kid A...really....

Rice is great if you're hungry and want to eat 2000 of sometihng" -Mitch Hedberg
ItalianStallion is offline   Reply With Quote