Music Banter - View Single Post - The Sex Pistols
Thread: The Sex Pistols
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 09:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Anarchy doll
punk rock mommy

Default The Sex Pistols

Alright, I think is far time that we discuss this, now I am not saying that anyone who doesn't like the Sex Pistols is not punk or anything like that, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that, just don't dogg mine on this thread ok?
this is in Response to all those who leave posts that are bad about them, well fine...however....
-Sid Vicious was a junkie, yes, and he was a possible murderer, yes,but he still had mediocor bass skills and truth was that he practiced almost all the time trying to get better.... give the guy some credit huh? There are some ppl out there who never get that opportunity.
-The Pistols changed the way ppl expressed themselves, by being the monarch's biggest enemy, they also gave ppl the chance to realize that the Queen was just a figure head and let ppl learn about the facts.
- They gave ppl and chance to really see what was going on in their country, while we salute the Queen, we also struggle to keep our flats, and live in poverty, and that the ppl were sick of it.
-the pistols were not sellouts, they were leaving EMI very quicky once they realized what a mockery Malcolm McLeod was making of punk.
The pistols may not have had many intricately complicated songs, but what 70's punk band did?
The music was simple, and the thoughts were real.
That to me is punk, they played the underground scene because they wanted to not because they had to.
That's my opinion anyway.
What's yours?
Anarchy doll is offline   Reply With Quote