Music Banter - View Single Post - New music. Does it exite like it did back in the day?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 09:20 AM   #74 (permalink)
pheurton
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks View Post
I realize that liking or disliking a certain band is entirely subjective. I said it before and I'll say it again, if you dislike something I do (in this specific case, Cynic), I won't be offended or angry. However when the reason you give is something as trite as "their bland metal fusion". Then I take issue.
The point is your blatant discretions towards folk music were all to do with one person finding one song boring hence my original reply was only showing how arrogant you actually are. I can't believe you fell for it hook line and sinker.

Quote:
thanks for thinking that a) I'm straightedge and b) I'm an *******. It means a lot. Granted I'd probably think you had more credibility if you didn't create threads titled "the ***est reply wins".
I wasn't thinking.
Plus threads like that are only for mild fun.

Quote:
I'd also like to amend this: "and just to clarify, when I use the term technical, I'm NOT talking about mile a minute sweeps. That Cynic video is a prime example. Odd chord shapes coupled with counterpoint vocal melody create a layered effect that appeals to me in the pure aesthetic sense as well as the mathematical one."
blah blah blah blah
Don't try and turn around your original statement, oh and you also forgot to quote this

pheurton is offline   Reply With Quote