Music Banter - View Single Post - Whos the Best rapper alive poll?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #112 (permalink)
BenJewSex
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsed2lguy View Post
Yes, when I listen to Rakim's Paid In Full, it would be hard to admit that there's ever been a smoother flow than that. The way he blends words together seamlessly. He sounds like he just woke up from a nap, but he still has a story that's worth listening to.
The Donald I agree with your statement, but I think Nas is pretty good. I feel Nas and Jay-Z are equally talented, and where I come from Jay-Z is generally much more well known and regarded as great than Nas, so I was surprised to see you list him overrated.
yeah to the donald, i didn't mean for those rappers to be regarded as the best, i just feel that they are the "greatest" mcs. and to theused2lguy, i love nas. i feel that he stands up there along with the greats as one of the greatest lyricists, and i love his tunes. not much gets better than illmatic. i love jay z lots, but i just listen to ether. nas talks about how jigga stole nas's style and nas just disses him in the great diss track of all time and jay does nothin about it. that doesn't prove that he's greater though, i just feel that nas is a greater lyricist and mc in general.