Music Banter - View Single Post - How much has your music taste changed over the years?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #87 (permalink)
flightlessthoughts
Account Disabled

I started out in music listening to whatever my parents had around. Mostly oldies (60’s-70’s). This is probably common with most people, but this era probably lasted longer with me that most, due to the fact that I was extremely sheltered. I’m thankful for this time though, because it gave me a firm foundation in some of the older greats.
Then I had a brief bout of listening to mid 90’s pop radio, which thankfully didn’t last.
When I was about 14, a friend of mine gave me a copy of Dogwood’s first album, on cassette, and a copy of MXPX’s album Sick Boy, also on cassette. This launched my all-important punk era. Which led to hardcore, death metal, and eventually rapcore.
After a band breakup (hardcore band), I got into a little more melodic rock stuff, and maybe a little ambient rock. I went through a short emo phase (didn’t really get the screamo stuff though), and then settled into a acoustic rock/ folk type of stage, which is where I am today.
So, I have meandered through quite a few different music styles over the years, and there are artist that I still like in each era; but there are also those that I don’t listen to anymore. And here I am, always looking for more music every day. So who knows where I’ll go next. I love that music has so many styles and niches. I don’t think that I will ever confine myself to a specific genre, because they all have their strengths and downfalls.

purevolume™ | Chris Mullen