Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #1571 (permalink)
Comus
I'm sorry, is this Can?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
I knew instinctly you'd be the sort to haterize on the beatles too. It's amazing, I really don't get why or how it's possible to find proggies and metalheads slating bands from genres they have no interest in whatsoever. Especially since they often like to consider themselves more intelligent than other people and in possession of some sort of higher understanding, you don't expect such careless nonsense comments.

The Beatles are the best at what they did. If you don't like bands or sounds that gravitate towards that side of things, you shouldn't comment.
I love basically most things from the 60's that is successful, I don't hate the Beatles I feel they're incredibly overrated and their legacy is what is terrible with music today. I'm not a metalhead although I listen to metal I'm not a proggie although I listen to prog. I'm very into classic rock and what could be classified as early 60's pop. I love the Beatles ilk, just not the Beatles. Accept that they're overrated and take my comment at face value, not based on my tastes.

Also Comus are aboslutely epic, every time I listen I'm reminded that I should reallly properly check out Opeth soon.
Originally Posted by antonio
classical music isn't exactly religious, you know?
um
last.fm